Photo: Amanda Hill
Crosstown Concourse is now open at 1350 Concourse Avenue.
Crosstown Concourse is the 1.5 million sq ft former home of the Sears distribution center in the Crosstown neighborhood of Memphis, TN. Building on three of Memphis’ strongest community assets— arts, healthcare, and education— Crosstown Concourse has been developed as a mixed-use vertical urban village, consisting of a purposeful collective of commercial, residential, and retail partners.
The mixed-use redevelopment includes restaurants and retail, a small grocery, a fitness center and health clinics, a charter high school, a contemporary art center, commercial offices, and 265 loft-style apartments. This project has created 800+ jobs and will generate more than $37 million in new wages annually.
Kemmons Wilson Companies oversaw the project in collaboration with architecture firms Looney Ricks Kiss and Dialog (Vancouver) on design. Grinder Taber Grinder is the general contractor.
The founding tenants for the Crosstown Concourse project are: Church Health, Crosstown Arts, Gestalt Community Schools, Methodist LeBonheur, Memphis Teacher Residency, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, A Step Ahead Foundation, CBU, City Leadership, Crosstown Back Institute, The Excel Center, The Poplar Foundation, The Pyramid Peak Foundation, Southern College of Optometry, and Teacher Town USA. Go here for more info.
What can you eat, see, and do at Crosstown Concourse?
- Mama Gaia
- I Love Juice Bar
- Area 51 Ice Cream
- The Curb Market
- Cheryl Pesce: The Lifestyle Store
- Gloss Nail Bar
- Lucy J’s Bakery (coming soon)
- Crosstown Arts
- Crosstown Concourse Theatre (opening Fall 2018)
- Crosstown Brewing Company (opening Feb 16th)
- Crosstown High
- French Truck Coffee
- So Nuts & Confections
- Next Door American Eatery
- Farm Burger
- See all tenants here.
More things to know:
- There are multiple free parking options at Crosstown Concourse. 15-minute and one-hour short-term options are located on Concourse Ave between the parking garage and building. Two-hour parking is available on the main level of the parking garage. Standard parking is available in the parking garage and the surface lots west of the garage, as well as on the north side of the building. All parking is free. Valet is also offered for $5 at the main entrance to the Central Atrium.
- Photography for personal use is permitted in public spaces. To film or photograph in tenant spaces, please contact the tenant directly. For all media-related or other professional shoots, or if you plan to set up any kind of equipment, please contact building management to secure the proper permissions 901.203.8299 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Concourse building staff reserves the right to refuse or stop a video or photo shoot in process for any reason.
- Overnight and short-term stay options are offered in furnished apartments through Layover at Concourse.
- Artists wishing to exhibit or perform at Crosstown Concourse should contact Stacy Wright, Director of Events, at Crosstown Arts.
- On occasion, Concourse will invite food trucks that offer complementary cuisine to restaurants in the building to occupy the plaza for a set period of time. This is the only time food trucks are allowed on site and it is by invitation only. If you would like to be contacted if there are opportunities to operate your food truck at Concourse, please leave your contact info here.
- For opportunities to participate in seasonal markets or vending opportunities during events, please leave your contact information here.