Best Practices + Best Teachers = Cornerstone Prep
Cornerstone Prep is a very unique elementary school. The school structure, perspective, methods and systems are based on the best practices from high-performing schools across the country. These best practices, infused with character education that dominate the school culture, make Cornerstone Prep a distinctive institution.
The founders of Cornerstone Preparatory School believe that all children can learn and be successful when given access to an achievement-oriented, structured, disciplined learning environment.
Cornerstone Prep’s approach to education, based on successful urban schools around the country, includes:
- Intense focus on the core subjects: math and reading
- More time learning, created by an extended academic day and year
- Standards-based lesson plans, curriculum, and assessments
- Intentional leadership development
- Fast-paced, challenging learning environment
- High standards for students and teachers
The following are some of the distinguishing characteristics of Cornerstone Prep:
- College prep begins in Kindergarten.
- High expectations support high achievement.
- Every minute counts.
- Leadership matters.
- Urban Students deserve the best.
Cornerstone is looking for teachers and educators who want to make a life-changing difference, not only in the children at the school, but in the community itself. Find out more at cornerstoneprepmemphis.org.