Previously we shared that Taylor Berger was hinting at a new addition on Broad Avenue. Now we know that The Rec Room, a new bar and game room, will open on April 1st at 4pm and is located at 3000 Broad Avenue, 38112. The Rec Room is headed up by Bill Ganus (concept/experience), Taylor Berger (force of nature who makes things happen), John Morgan (gaming guru with arcade cabinets and passion) and local investors include Russ Williams and Martha Hample of Archer Malco, Andy Cates of Colliers Ins, John Planchon,Trevor Ling, Annie Christoff, and Barry and Blake Lichterman as well as a secret investor who will be revealed in the future.
We got to take a sneak peek at what’s going down and here’s what we discovered:
- All arcade games are free to play.
- “Living rooms” will be available for rent by the hour. This is great for groups of people, tournaments, parties, etc.
- You can book your gaming time in advance online here.
- Beer is available (Wiseacre, Sweet Water, etc) as well as sodas, water, and soon wine and liquor.
- Food trucks will be onsite for your food needs.
- The Rec Room will be available for private parties and events starting April 1st.
- Grizzlies games will be showing as well as various movies during the day.
- The Rec Room is family friendly and appropriate for all ages during daytime hours (kids 16 and under must have an adult guardian, 21+ after 9pm)
Their hours will be:
- Monday – Thursday: 4pm – Midnight
- Friday: 4pm – 2am
- Saturday: 10am – 2am
- Sunday: 12pm – Midnight
Location: 3000 Broad Avenue, 38112.
What classic or childhood arcade game do you want to see at the Rec Room? Let us know in the comments!