Eat better and feel better in Memphis with these healthy choices you might not know about.
As Memphians, we enjoy some of the best BBQ in the south. It’s our traditional food that we are best known for, but what would you think if I told you our food scene offers much more?
The phrase “clean eating” means to eat whole foods that are not processed or refined, but are close or as close to natural as possible. We created a list with some of the best options avoiding processed foods and adding in vegan and vegetarian options for an extra dose of green to round it out.
- Midtown: Located 553 Cooper St. Memphis, TN 38104
- Crosstown: 1350 Concourse Ave. Suite 147
- Open Monday thru Saturday 7 am to 7 pm
I Love Juice Bar has a wide selection of pressed juice and smoothie option where you can mix and match ingredients to fit your taste. They even sell growlers you can fill with your favorite juice options for taking home.
City Silo Table & Pantry – Coming January 2017
- 5101 Sanderlin Ave
- Open Monday – Saturday, 7am to 8pm, starting January 14, 2017
City Silo will offer egg, dairy and humanely-raised chicken options while continuing to offer an extensive plant-based menu. Coolers with grab-and-go, plus a retail area with small batch chocolates, jams, fermented vegetables, organic pastas, flours and grains will pay homage to European-style markets. City Silo will be overwhelmingly organic and local whenever possible. Executive Chef, Will Byrd developed the menu in conjunction with owner, Scott Tashie. Breakfast, snacks, salads, sandwiches, grain bowls/wraps, and build-your-own burgers will comprise the menu. A kids’ menu will also be available. Additionally, City Silo will feature many exclusive drink options: kombucha via kegs for kombucha cocktails; superfood wellness lattes; familiar fresh, cold-pressed juices and smoothies; a creative coffee / espresso menu and beer / wine starting later in 2017. Juice cleanses will continue to be offered. Prices range from $6 – $15.
- Brand new location at 2158 Young Ave, 38104
- Hours: Sunday thru Saturday 11 am to 9 pm
Imagine is a little cafe in serving up Vegan entrees, sandwiches, salads, desserts, and brunch. They have all the comforts of all American classics like buffalo wings and burgers but with vegan substitutes.
Raw Girls Food Truck
- Midtown – 242 South Cooper in Eclectic Eye /Midtown Yoga parking lot.
- Hours: Fri/Sat/Sun : 9:30 am- 6:00 pm
- East Memphis – 5502 Poplar in the Hollywood Feed parking lot.
- Hours: Fri/Sat/Sun : 9:30 am- 6:00 pm
Get pressed juice , a superfood smoothie, raw foods, hot foods , raw desserts,and even more at this food truck. Start eating clean on the go!
- Located on 483 High Point Terrace, Memphis, TN
- Hours: Monday thru Sunday: 7am-9pm
Be your own chef and build your own salad or sandwich. Cheffie’s offers a long list of top quality meats and fresh produce where you will experience a delicious and clean meal. You can even choose their vegan options for a customized vegan-friendly meal.
- Located on 1761 madison Ave, Memphis, TN 38104
- Hours: Monday thru Sunday: 11am-9pm
Fuel Cafe is an all natural vegan-friendly restaurant that’s mission is to offer clean fuel for the body. They offer classic American cuisine such as burgers and grilled cheese alongside their vegan options. If you are not a vegan or vegetarian try their sandwiches that include grass-fed meats. You can also catch their food truck around town at places like the Levitt Shell, Downtown Farmers Market, and other events.
- Located on 800 S Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104
- Hours: Monday thru Sunday: 8am-7pm
If you are having a busy day stop by Cooper Street and get a quick healthy meal leaving the gym or the office. There is a large selection of vegans soups, hummus, and other specialty meals.
- Located – on 2170 Young Ave Memphis, TN 38104
- Hours – Tuesday thru Thursday: 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Friday thru Saturday : 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Sunday : 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Serving up Vegan tacos, soy burgers, and even vegetarian sausage and biscuits Java Cabana has plenty of clean eating options while getting your caffeine fix.
- 272 S. Main St Memphis, TN 38103
- Monday thru Sunday : 10am-9pm
Lyfe Kitchen is a “health casual” restaurant that opened in Memphis in 2015 with two locations. What makes Lyfe Kitchen unique is that they are completely able to complement any eating lifestyle. They offer vegan, non-vegan,vegetarian, and non-vegetarian options made with fresh ingredients.
- 836 Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104
- Monday thru Saturday: 6am-10:30pm
- 66 S Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
- Monday thru Thursday: 7am-11pm
- Friday thru Saturday: 7am-12am
- Sunday: 8am-10pm
City Market is gourmet grocery that not only operates as a store but also sells juice and smoothies.
- 6641 Poplar Ave Ste 106, 38138
- Hours – Monday thru Friday: 10:30am – 8:30pm, Sat 10:30am-4pm, Sun 10:30am-3pm
Wild Beet Salad Company is a salad bar restaurant that allows you to customize your own salad to fit your liking. Give it a try.
- 575 Erin Drive, 38112
- Hours: 11am-9pm
Build your own veggie bowl at this newly opened and locally owned restaurant that offers high protein veggies, a multitude of garnishes, and house blended juices.