Looking for the best way to celebrate your Cinco de Mayo? Look no further, Memphis has so many great options and specials for you to choose from.
No, it’s not a celebration of Mexican independence, but it is a fun way to celebrate the beautiful parts of Mexican culture that we get to experience. You can read how Cinco de Mayo started while you start on that first margarita and check out these opportunities below.
- Thursday, May 3rd – Cinco de Mayo Pub Run – 6 pm
The route will be a approximately 2 miles and stops will include Memphis Made Brewery, Railgarden, and Slider Inn. The runners start from Overton Square at 6pm. There will be awards given for the best dressed runners.
- Friday, May 4th to 6th – Cinco-de-Mojito @ Babalu’s
Five flavors of mojitos for $5 at Babalu’s all weekend!
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco de Moe’s 5K – 8 am to 11 am
Sign up today for Moe’s 5K run featuring margarita flavored sports drinks and taco stops along the route. After the run, stick around for a true Cinco De Moe’s Fiesta! All participants will receive a race t-shirt, a finisher medal, and the trophies of Mexico.
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco de Mayo Celebration @ Maciel’s – 11 am to 10 pm
Head to Maciel’s on Highland to enjoy live music accompanied by food and drink specials from open to close.
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco de Mayo @ Celtic Crossing – 10:30 am – close
The Irish can celebrate Cinco de Mayo, too! Enjoy corned beef tacos, Irish quesadillas, beer specials, and a tasty “frose” (frozen drink with rose) all day at Celtic Crossing.
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco de Mayo @ Railgarten – 9 pm
Enjoy great live music from the Brothers Griiin to go along with food and drink specials at one of Memphis’ coolest venues.
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco de Mayo w/ Patio Sweat @ Cafe Ole – 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Come throw down with Cafe Ole!
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco de Mayo Fiesta – 9:30 pm to 3 am (May 6th)
Join Salsa Memphis at Club Rumba for a free salsa lesson to go along with food and drink specials all night.
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco @ Swanky’s Germantown – 6 pm to 11 pm
Enjoy great food, a full bar, and live music all night.
- Saturday, May 5th – Hot Buti Yoga Pop-Up Class & Cinco de Mayo Brunch – 12 pm
75 Minute Hot Buti Yoga Class followed by festive, yet healthy refreshments on Saturday, at the Overton Square location of Bikram Yoga & Inferno Hot Pilates!
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco @ Swanky’s East Memphis – 3 pm to 11 pm
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Swanky’s Taco Shop this year with live music from Scott Sudbury (Almost Famous) & Vanessa Sudbury, WALRUS, and The Super 5.
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco de Mayo @ Agavos Cocina & Tequila – 11 am to 11 pm
Join Agavos Cocina & Tequila for a night of dancing, food, and drinks!
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco @ Swanky’s Taco Shops – 11 am to 12 am
Enjoy live music, food, and drink specials at the Germantown location as well as the poplar location. Check out the lineup here.
- Saturday, May 5th – Cinco Like You Mean It @ On the Border Wolfchase – 11 am to 11 pm
Join On the Border this Cinco de Mayo for overflowing $5 Cinco ‘Ritas, giveaways, live music, good friends and delicious food.
Looking for a tasty margarita, horchata, or paleta to try? Check out these spots below for suggestions:
- Maciel’s on Highland
- Maciel’s Bodega
- La Michoacana
- Loflin Yard
- Agavos Cocina & Tequila Bar
- Molly’s La Casita
- Las Delicias
- El Mezcal
- Cafe Ole
- Happy Mexican
- Swanky’s Taco Shop
- La Guadalupana
- Los Reyes
- El Toro Loco
- Los Compadres
- El Porton
- La Hacienda
- Flying Fish
- Elena’s Taco Shop
- The Cove
- The Liquor Store
- The Second Line