Happy Monday Memphis! We’ve got lots of news for you today. Let’s start with what many of us are talking about: Marc Gasol.
1. Marc is From Memphis
We all know Marc is staying in Memphis, right? Just in case anyone needed a refresher on where Marc is from, you can check out Craig Brewer‘s film that debuted today over at the Grizzlies website right here. You might see a few familiar faces (like JT, Brandon Marshall, Jeff Hulett, Taylor James, and more). You can also go here to see our video on why the Grizzlies love Memphis.
2. Ballet Memphis to Move to Overton Square
Even though a hotel had been expected for the French Quarter spot, Ballet Memphis has announced their move to this historic location. This location will be the new headquarters as they keep their other location in Cordova. Read more here thanks to the Memphis Business Journal.
3. Nike Open New Distribution Center in Frayser
Nike has opened their new distribution center in Frayser and will bring new jobs to the city as well as new tax dollars. Go here for all the info.
4. Celebrate 4th of July in Memphis
Need plans for the holiday weekend? We’ve got a list of 15 ways you can celebrate the 4th around the 901. Check it out here!
5. Paint Memphis Project: $500 Still Needed
Paint Memphis is a one day festival that will bring over 50 artists to town to create the largest mural in the city. The theme will be “Revival”. They still need $500 to fund this project and you can go here to donate and here to learn more.
- IKEA raises their minimum wage which is great news as Memphis prepares for their new store
- SOS Intern Finds Memphis Bikeable, Livable, Lovable
- Disco Donnie Presents Brings Renowned Talent to the New Daisy
- Marriage Equality Celebration in Memphis
- Memphis Farmer’s Market Named #14 in Best Farmers Markets in America 2015
- More Affordable Hotel Proposed for Front Street (Across from Bass Pro)
- Heritage Tavern Coming to East Memphis and More Food News