We're closing out the Cocktail Competition with a special Happy Hour at Old Dominick!
The participating bartenders have garnered over 1300 votes—and on March 31st, from 4PM-6PM, we invite you to join us as we celebrate their creative concoctions and crown the winners.
During the evening, you’ll have a chance to enjoy a selection of tiny bites, free, sample-sized sips from the Top Three winners (as supplies last), and take advantage of the following drink specials:
- $4 beers
- $7 cocktails
See you there!
The creative community in Memphis doesn’t just include the musicians, makers, and muralists—but also the local bartenders who bring forth a flair of their very own.
In partnership with Old Dominick Distillery and the Downtown Memphis Commission, Choose901 invites you to experience what these cocktail connoisseurs can do during the Choose901 Downtown Cocktail Competition.
From February 24th–which is recognized as World Bartender Day—until the end of March, “mixologists” working in Harbortown, South Main, North Main, Beale Street, Crosstown, and the Edge District neighborhoods are demonstrating their creativity using Old Dominick spirits; be it a refreshing take on an Old Fashioned, a mule, a martini, a French 75, or the like.
During the month-long celebration, Memphians are encouraged to hit up each spot to enjoy a sip, and vote for their favorite cocktails. Take a look at the participating bartenders, their affiliated restaurants, and below:
- Hailey Root at Majestic Grille featuring the “Old Dominicky” & “Bourbon Apple Fizz”
- Dawn Russel at Bar Hustle featuring the “Roselia”
- Azelyn Kerenick at Luna Bar and Restaurant featuring the “901 MULE”
- Christopher Abbott at Beck and Call featuring “The Fedora”
- Jett Sawyer at Beck and Call featuring the “Memphis Derby”
- Criston Cleasant at Beck and Call featuring the “Down South Shuffle”
- Jazmin Rogers at Moxy Memphis featuring “The Classy Mamacita”
- Sam Reeves Hill at Paramount Restaurant featuring the “Golden Girls”
- Marquell Warren at the Peabody Hotel featuring the “Always on My Mind”
- Lacy Hodum at Bishop featuring the “Money Honey”
- Wyatt Lowery at Curfew featuring the “Honey My Bells Are Spicy”
- Jonathan Hardaway at Curfew featuring the “Midnight Sunset”
- Hannah Baxley at Curfew featuring “The Finale”
- Kaylie Dillard at Curfew featuring “The Spring Refresher”
- Sarah at Automatic Slims featuring the “Beale Street Blues”
- Dan Ciaccia at Cafe Pontotoc featuring the “Piemonte Classico”
- Bjarni Rozen at Max’s Sports Bar featuring the “Weekend at Snoops”
- Fletcher Keen at Curfew featuring “Blues City High”
- Sonya Fortune at Local on Main featuring “Lavender Lemonade”
- Shawn Danko at Kooky Canuck featuring “Maple Brown Butter Old Fashioned”
- John Henson at Slider Inn Downtown featuring the “Delta Dawn”
- Michael Huber at Blind Bear featuring the “Bear Blues”
- Charles Govan at CIMAS featuring the “Smash it Mane”
The Grand Prize for Best Overall Cocktail includes an award for the host restaurant and a $700 cash prize for the participating bartender. The winners for the remaining categories will receive $100 each. Other prizes to be announced.
May the best bartender win!
Keep an eye out for bartender spotlights on our IG.
Click here to find an interactive map that’ll take you to all the spots!