The annual Fall Art Walk on Broad Ave is a celebration of art and neighborhood featuring works by more than 100 visual artists, music, dance and spoken word performances, and artists’ demonstrations. Check out the newest businesses to open on Broad (20Twelve and Bounty, and preview City & State which will open in January). Collage Dance Youth Ensemble, who call Broad Avenue home, will be performing at the Water Tower Pavilion (7:30PM.).
- Cost: This event is free and open to the public
- Where: Broad Avenue between Hollywood and the RR tracks
- When: Friday, November 7 from 5 – 10 p.m.
- Free parking available at the Power & Tel parking lot, Northwest corner of Broad at Bingham.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteer opportunities.
Demonstrations and Shows:
- Adam Shaw Studio (2547 Broad): Works by Adam Shaw and David Mah
- Amanda Hill Photography (2553 Broad): Graffiti artist Paser will be doing a live demo and have pieces for sale.
- Christ City Church (2489 Broad): Art gallery and fair trade artist market
- The Artists’ Market located at the Water Tower Pavilion features works by local artisans
- Memphis Martial Arts (2542 Broad): Demonstrations of various types of martial arts
- West Memorial (2481 Broad): Featuring artists Jennifer Lashbrook, Erin Curry & Alex Warble
New to Broad:
- Bounty (2519 Broad): Grab dinner, dessert, or a drink.
- 20twelve (2531 Broad): Check out Broad’s newest Boutique, open till 8PM
- City & State (2625 Broad): With the grand opening scheduled for 2015 check out the future retail and coffee shop, featuring Memphis Grizzlies themed art & local artisans
- Broad Strokes (2563 Broad): Featuring artists, vintage furniture and live demos.
Music and dance at various locations along the street:
- Hollywood Feed (2648 Broad Avenue): Music by Chris Allen
- The Cove (2559 Broad Avenue): The Tinglers at 6PM, Big Barton at 9PM
- Water Tower Pavilion:
- School of Rock: Germantown and Memphis House Bands (5:30 – 6:45PM)
- POEASTRY (7PM): East High School poetry club
- Collage Dance Collective (7:30PM)
- U-Dig Dance (8PM)
- The Three Kings (9PM)
At the Water Tower Pavilion:
- School of Rock Germantown and Memphis House Bands
- U-Dig Dance Company
- East High School Poetry Club
- Relevant Roasters – fresh hot coffee and $4 from every bag of coffee sold benefits the Arts District
- Artist market at the Pavilion
- Fair trade market presented by Christ City Church
- Five in One Social (2535 Broad): introducing new local and USA made vendor and artists. Great gifts for the holidays.
- Nabers Interior (2665 Broad): Showroom open and door prizes
- Henny Penny Mobile Boutique & Thing High Jeans – Don’t miss shopping at MEMMobile’s retail trucks at the Water Tower Pavilion
- Bead Couture (2487 Broad): presenting a new line of hand made jewelry
- The Forge (2493 Broad): Makers market – shop from the Forges talented makers and artists.
- Guitar Spa (2561 Broad): Restoration, repair and custom instrument shop.
- Found Studio (2535 Broad): Original art by Daniel Tacker. Featuring local designers, Mo’s Bows, Scatterbrained collars, Woodsley Project, Cozy Home, Objects and Artifacts. Jewelry by Your Family Jewels, Cathie Jacobs, and Retrotherapy, vintage items from Olio Collection, Helgeson Vintage, and Soul is Cheap.
- T Clifton Art (2571 Broad): Featuring works by 40 artists specializing in art glass, paintings and ceramics.
Food and Drink available for purchase:
- Muddy’s Cupcakes (2493 Broad Avenue): Pop-up shop for the evening
- Food Trucks
- Broad Avenue restaurants and bars: Bounty, Three Angels Diner, Broadway Pizza and The Cove
- Pink Noodle Vegan Cuisine at the Water Tower Pavilion
- Carol’s Cheesecakes (Newly open at 482 North Hollywood) will have a popup shop at the Pavilion
- Beer and Wine sales benefit the Broad Avenue Arts District and free arts programming at the Water Tower Pavilion
- Take a quick side trip and tour the Lester Community Center and see what Marc, Z-Bo, and other members of the Memphis Grizzlies created for the kids of the Binghampton community.
- Catch the Shuttle ( 6 – 9 p.m.) at:
- Creation Studios (2655 Broad)
- Lester Community Center (317 Tillman)
- Members of the Memphis Grizzlies will be on-site at Lester to lead you on the tour of the refurbished Memphis Grizzlies Community Court, the mural the team helped to paint, and more.
- The shuttle is free and will run non-stop from 6 – 9 p.m. Also, you can park at Lester and ride over to Broad Avenue. The community center is open until 10 p.m.
Follow the Facebook Event page here for more updates!