Learn about the neighborhood of Binghampton via guided tour from the residents themselves.
The Binghampton Stories Project is a guided tour of the neighborhood to be followed by live music. The area of Binghampton is full of history and remains a vital part of Memphis. At this event, you’ll learn about its historical areas and impact straight from its diverse community as residents will be highlighting and celebrating select stories. Starting at 5:30 pm, the tour bgeins at The Commons on Merton and makes its way through the neighborhood from there. Following the tour, local acts and artists will respond to the stories shared through their art. Happening June 2nd, this is a great opportunity to learn more and grow closer to one of the many great communities in the city while also enjoying a night full of music.
- When: Saturday, June 2nd, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Where: The Commons on Merton, 258 N. Merton
- This is a free event but donations are encouraged.
- Michael Anderson.
- Maria Cristina and Mario Mercado
- Jim Hinkle and Stacy Betts Hinkle
- Jeff Irwin
- Onie Johns
- Joni Laney and Billy Vaughan
- Ibtisam Salih
- Oumu Sillah
- Tonya Reneé Dyson
- Nick Black
- Misti Rae Holton and Adam Holton
- Taylor Feldpausch St. John, Miranda Nicole Tonkin, Jo Sanburg, and Ja’Tavius Haynes
- Sarah Christine Bolton and Eric Brice Swartz
- Kierra Turner
- Jazmin Miller