- What do you do?
- What path got you to where you are now?
- What did you learn along the way?
- What’s your work environment like?
- What other jobs exist in your industry that most people aren’t aware of?
These are just some of the things you can talk to a young person about to help them be better informed about the possibilities that exist for them, right here in Memphis. Knowing your options and what it takes to meet your goals is critical to achieving the highest level of professional success you can.
Memphis kids reaching their potential = Memphis reaching our highest level of success
iNSPIRE STUDENTS OF ALL AGES TO DREAM BIG AND JUMP ON A PATH TO SUCCESS:
1. speak at an Elementary school
New Hope Christian Academy in Frayser recently hosted Career Day for their elementary school students. Professionals from a multitude of fields spent the morning rotating through different classes talking about their career paths and current jobs.
2. share your insight at a HIGH SCHOOL
Collegiate School of Memphis hosts professionals to speak on Tuesdays and Thursdays to students. These lunch and learns offer an opportunity for a small group of students interested in a particular field to get an in-depth understanding of the guest speaker’s career. Speakers also often provide general tips on professionalism and moving up in the workforce. A staff from ER2 will be there this month to share about careers in electronic recycling. How much do you know about electronic recycling?
3. inspire young professionals at a local College or university
In addition to their substantial summer internship program, Youth Villages is planning to host a college student for an 8 week fellowship this summer. They will work 30 hours a week at Youth Villages and meet fellows placed at other companies for professional and leadership development workshops on Fridays.
Ready to share the secret to success with the next generation of young professionals?
- Working in a job you wish you knew existed when you were younger?
- Want to host a fellow at your company this summer?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to an opportunity!