Enjoy food, drinks, live performances and special vendors all while celebrating the Binghampton neighborhood and its talent at the second Kaleidoscope Food Festival on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Sponsored by IBERIABANK, Kaleidoscope Kitchen and the Binghampton Development Corporation will host their second food festival at the Wiseacre Brewery. The event will run from 3pm to 7pm and feature a variety of different local vendors and performers.
The festival exists to highlight the talent in the Binghampton community. All of the food vendors participating in this year’s festival, excluding DJ’s Food Truck, have either participated in Kaleidoscope Kitchen’s food entrepreneur training or rent from their commercial kitchen.
Since last year’s festival, Kaleidoscope has officially launched its own commercial, community kitchen that strives to provide minority entrepreneurs with skills that will lend to a sustainable career in food service. Kaleidoscope achieves their goal by offering low-priced licensed kitchen rental, technical and business training and food service opportunities.
The event itself will highlight the talent that is being cultivated at Kaleidoscope, and provide the Binghamptom community with an opportunity to interact with the vendors.
- When: Saturday, April 21, 2018, from 3pm to 7pm
- Where: Wiseacre Brewing Company (2783 Broad Ave)
- AROMA Kitchen, Memphis, TN (East African)
- Ibti’s Soup and Catering (Sudanese)
- Indra’s Dumplings (South Asian)
- Inspire Community Cafe (American Healthy Eats)
- Raffe‘s Catering
- DJ’s Food Truck /Trailer
- Spicy Z’s Seasonings & More
- Josephine y Gaurav (Salsa)
- Pyramid Dance Company (Bellydance)
- Kumars School of Arts (Indian Classical Dance)
- Mama Africa Dance Group
- Ekpe Abioto
- Mbabazi House of Style
- Cost: Free admission, food tickets and beer will be available for purchase
Kaleidoscope Kitchen is searching for volunteers to work their upcoming event. Volunteer orientation is on Tuesday, April 16th at 5:30pm. During orientation, interested volunteers will learn more about their event responsibilities. Volunteers must be over 21, and free food will be a perk of working the event.
Regardless of whether or not you volunteer, you can appreciate and support the vendors and Kaleidoscope Kitchen by donating to the Binghampton Development Corporation.