This spring, Art Village Gallery is expanding its creative reach by hosting a variety of innovative events targeting “art curious” consumers.
The Art Village Gallery is an art lovers dream. Full of a diverse mix of art that brings a piece of international flavor to Memphis, the gallery has become a creative staple in the South Main Arts District. Just in time for spring, the gallery will host a series of events, targeting the art curious consumer.
The events range from intimate conversations over cocktails to extravagant exhibition dinners. Although the events are open to everyone, including seasoned art collectors, the focus is to engage art lovers who want to learn more about collecting in a fun, non-intimidating setting.
“Now that it’s spring, we are focusing on new and emerging collectors. We feel that 90% of the community is still art curious, so we wanted to create a series of very deliberate, relatable, welcoming events to create awareness and offer education about art collecting.”- Sheila Urevbu, Gallery Director
Art Village Gallery is known for its eclectic mix of events that seek to provide an immersive cultural experience to its guests; and although many of the events aren’t new to the gallery, there is now a targeted focus to bring in more art newbies by expanding the event itinerary.
In addition to the events, Art Village Gallery has partnered with Art Money to make art more affordable for guests. Through the partnership, consumers are able to acquire pieces through a payment plan. There is no interest or penalty, just 10% down in addition to monthly payments.
- April 25: Private View: Collectors and Cocktails– First dibs and first look at the latest exhibitions at the gallery, along with a walkabout with the artist and curator. Complimentary cocktails (free tickets until April 17).
- April 26: Opening Reception for Visions of Illusion exhibition– Public opening reception during trolley night.
- April 27 : Talks and Tapas: Conversations for the Art Curious – Art lovers can hear the stories of beginner and emerging art collectors who recently made the leap from art curious to art buyer.
- May 16: Talks and Tapas: Zeinu Mudeser in Conversation with Sheila Urevbu – Visions of Illusion curator, Zeinu Mudeser discusses his latest body of work and the inspiration behind the exhibition.
- May 18: Spring Exhibition Dinner and Dialogue – Guests will experience a fusion of art and culture, pairing culinary art and visual art along with curated dialogue.