Looking to gain some writing experience in the spring?
We are looking for some talented individuals to join our staff for our spring writing internship program.
The program runs from January 15th through May 1st, 2019.
This is an unpaid academic internship, with the expectation of 10 hours per week in our office, to be scheduled based on your availability (and you’re welcome to be in the office as much as you’d like beyond that!).
Perks of the Internship:
- Book Club! We’ll work through some writing together from people smarter than us.
- Free coffee and snacks? Yup.
- Resume workshop.
- Online portfolio workshop.
- …and more. So much more that we’re not even sure what else, but it’ll be awesome.
>> Check out the description below, and if you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé and samples of your work. <<
Choose901 Intern Job Description – Writer
You’ll have the opportunity to write, edit, and publish posts on our website, receiving detailed feedback from our editorial team.
Things You Will Learn:
- Writing: Taking your story from pitch to publish.
- Marketing: How to take your stories from published to the great beyond!
- Analytics: How to analyze your work and its performance, and how to turn that into actionable insights for the next story.
- Execution: Using the digital tools available to accomplish your vision.
- Professionalism: How to work well in an office with other people.
General Expectations for Writing Interns:
- Write 3-5 blogs per week.
- Proofread 3 blogs from other interns, offering critique.
- Submit at least 2 photos for Instagram or other social media platforms, with captions.
- Join us for weekly editorial meetings to be scheduled based on cohort availability.
- 10 hours (or more) a week of presence in the Choose901 office in the Crosstown Concourse.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking journalism or communication (or similar) students, looking to further their writing skills with real world experience.
Cool. Email email@example.com with your resumé and samples of your work and we’ll get back to you with the next steps.