Update: Applications are now open for all 2020-21 internships!
We are looking for some talented individuals to join our staff for our writing internship program.
We’ve switched up the internship terms to offer 3 different tracks:
- January 14, 2020 – August 18, 2020
- September 1, 2020 – April 20, 2021
- Summer Only*: May 12, 2020 – July 31, 2020
*The abbreviated summer schedule is for students who attend college out of town.
This is an unpaid academic internship, with the expectation of 2 hours per week in our office, to be scheduled based on your availability (and you’re welcome to be in the office as much as you’d like beyond that!). Hours spent working with us can count for volunteer/community service hours.
All interns must be available on Tuesday mornings at 9 am for the weekly editorial meeting.
Perks of the Internship:
- Free coffee and snacks? Yup.
- Resume workshop.
- Professional development opportunities.
- …and more. So much more that we’re not even sure what else, but it’ll be awesome.
>> Check out the description below, and if you’re interested, email email@example.com with your resumé and samples of your work. Please include your preferred track. <<
Choose901 Intern Job Description – Writer
You’ll have the opportunity to write, edit, and publish posts on our website, receiving detailed feedback from our editorial team.
Things You Will Learn:
- Writing: Taking your story from pitch to publish.
- Marketing: How to take your stories from published to the great beyond!
- Analytics: How to analyze your work and its performance, and how to turn that into actionable insights for the next story.
- Execution: Using the digital tools available to accomplish your vision.
- Professionalism: How to work well in an office with other people.
General Expectations for Writing Interns:
- Write 2-3 blogs per week.
- Proofread 3 blogs from other interns, offering critique.
- Submit at least 2 photos for Instagram or other social media platforms, with captions.
- Join us for weekly editorial meetings on Tuesdays from 9 am – 10:30 am.
- 2 hours (or more) a week of presence in the Choose901 office in the Crosstown Concourse.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking journalism or communication (or similar) students, looking to further their writing skills with real-world experience.
Cool. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé, samples of your work, and the track you’re applying for, and we’ll get back to you with the next steps.
Looking for an internship in photography, videography, research/data, or merchandise? Please email email@example.com.