What’s up with 901 Day?
901 is the area code for Memphis.
901 Day is observed on September 1st.
It’s fun and will be here before you know it plus, this year it falls on Labor Day weekend!
There’s no one right way to celebrate 901 Day…
Want to love on the city by participating in a service project with a nonprofit that inspires you? That’s awesome!
Want to put together a group bike ride to your favorite park and play in the sun? Go for it!
Parades, trivia, block parties, flash mobs, make some art, learn a bit of history you didn’t know before, organize a photowalk, support a locally owned business or run a special promotion if you’re a small business owner, throw a 901-themed party… The possibilities are endless!
Engage in something that’s meaningful to you because, while we have a long way to go on multiple issues, it ain’t all bad, either.
Think about your bright spot in Memphis and how you plan to honor it on 901 Day.
We’ll maintain a list of all of the fun 901 Day happenings
and do our best to keep everyone informed.
UPDATE – The 901 Day Celebration at Railgarten hosted by Choose901 has been rescheduled for Friday, September 8.
The 901 Day Make-up Party will be at Railgarten from noon to midnight. Stop by for live music, games, drink specials, and lots of cool made-in-Memphis swag available for purchase from local vendors. Go here for more details.
901 Day Events
- Exposure – Join New Memphis at AutoZone Park from 6-8 p.m. and connect with organizations that can help you turn your love for Memphis into action. We’ll be there with some giveaways. Enjoy food and drinks while you cheer on familiar faces during the Local Celebrity Kickball Game. RSVP!
- 901 Day at Memphis Escape Rooms
- 901 Day at Loflin Yard
- Dr. Brown + Bar DKDC
- 901 Day – A Pure Memphis Party at Old Dominick Distillery
901 Day Discounts:
- Memphis Redbirds: For $9.01, get a Dugout ticket and a hot dog/soda voucher for the playoff opener on Wednesday
- Ivory Closet in Overton Square: Get 20% off
- The Attic in Overton Square: Get 20% off
- Hammer & Ale: $1 of every pint sold will be donated to the Great Houston Community Foundation as part of hurricane Harvey Relief efforts.
- Celtic Crossing: $9.01 beer buckets all day
- Young Avenue Deli: $1 off Wiseacre Ananda, Memphis Made Fireside Amber, and High Cotton Scottish Ale, and Meddlesome Watermelon Wheat
- Cafe Palladio: Anyone wearing Memphis related gear or with a photo in front of a Memphis mural gets a free drink with their meal at Cafe Palladio
- Stock & Belle: 20% off purchase for anyone wearing Memphis or 901 related gear
- Crazy Beautiful: 20% off purchase for anyone wearing Memphis or 901 related gear
- 387 Pantry: $1 off any coffee drink for anyone wearing 901 or Memphis related gear
- Downtown Memphis Yoga:
- Free classes all day w/ donation to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
- 12 noon all levels yoga
- 3pm Tai Chi demonstration class
- 4pm community class
- 530 pm Roll and Restore
- 645 pm Candlelight Vinyasa followed by wine and nibbles for additional donations.