The 2018 Bookstock Festival is happening at the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library on April 28th.
With a theme of “open access to all,” they will be hosting local authors to come and speak. They will also be celebrating the life of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. This event if free and open to the public.
- When – Saturday, April 28th, 11 am to 3 pm
- Where – 3030 Poplar Avenue, Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library
- Event is free to all!
- Michael Baisden – Nationally-renowned radio personality, author of “Raise Your Hand if You Have Issues” and host of The Michael Baisden Show.
- Wayne Weigand – Author of “The Desegregation of Public Libraries in the Jim Crow South: Civil Rights and Local Activism.”
- Emily Yellin – Author of “Your Call is (Not That) Important to Us,” “Our Mothers’ War,” and the Striking Voices project.
- 50 local authors & authors scavenger hunt
- Striking Voices Exhibit at Goodwyn Gallery
- Local choirs and dance performances
- Live Music
- Food Trucks
- Face Painting
- Balloon Artist
- Bilingual Story Times
- Arts and Crafts
- Cloud901 Teen Adventures