Looking for something to fun to do around town? Here are a few options—some virtual and some in person!
Cooper Young Porchfest (April 17)
We know y’all have been begging for live shows to bounce back, and we’ve got one on the horizon! Cooper Young Porchfest will feature 40 bands playing on 20 porches in the Cooper Young neighborhood in celebration of the coming of spring and the ability to reconnect after a long, live music-less year. The shows are happening from noon to 6PM, and there’ll also be a Community Yard Sale held from 8AM-1PM.
If you’re coming to Porchfest, everyone attending should be conscientious of COVID-19 protocols — please practice masking and social distancing. All of the musicians are volunteering so bring cash to tip them or do so through Venmo/CashApp through the handles listed on the map above.
Yoga on the River with Yoga Kickback (Every Tuesday from now until September 28th)
If you’re not sure where you placed your zen, you can find it along the Mississippi as The Yoga Kickback leads weekly outdoor sessions in the River Garden every Tuesday at 5:30PM! Make sure to bring your own yoga mat, towel, and water. All levels are welcome, and the classes will also be streamed via Facebook Live if you’d rather practice from the comfort of your home.
Make sure to sign this waiver if you’re participating in-person!
Central Station: Live at the Tracks (Every Thursday from April 15th-May 27th)
Need some music to go along with your Thirsty Thursday? Head to the Central Station to start your weekend off early with some good people who are bringing good vibes. The tunes will be blaring from 6:30PM-9:30PM.
Take a look at the lineup of performers:
- April 15: Turnstyles
- April 22: Sheyna Gee
- April 29: Tonya Dyson
- May 6: Kennard Farmer
- May 13: Yubu and The Ancient Youth
- May 20: Shufflegrit
- May 27: Graber Gryass
Salsa at Sunset (April 17)
When the sun goes down, those hips start swingin’ as Cat’s Ballroom invites you to join in on a FREE salsa dance class in Memphis River Parks. There’s no need to register. Just show up, and prepare to move like the Mississippi!
Memphis Farmers Market (Ongoing)
The Memphis Farmers Market is a city favorite every year. If you want to find fresh produce, prepared dishes, plants and more, this is your one stop shop. It opens for the season on April 3, and will be open every Saturday through the fall.
Looking for more farmers markets in Memphis? Here’s a guide.
Just Roo It. Kangazoo Experience (From now until October 31)
After a 27-year hiatus, Memphis Zoo is thrilled to welcome back red kangaroos!
Experience the outback and meet one of Australia’s largest marsupials, the red kangaroo. Guests will stay on the designated path, but the kangaroos will have free range so guests may take pictures if they come across any of the animals.
Purchase tickets here.
That’s not all there is! Mark your calendars for:
- Dinosaur Adventure Drive-Thru Memphis (April 16)
- Orion Presents Movie Nights at Overton Square: Forrest Gump (April 16)
- Buds & Blooms Flower Arranging Class with Arrow Creative (April 16)
- Outdoor Anime Night at Lodge (April 16)
- Friday Night Stripes Tigers Game at the Liberty Bowl (April 16)
- Art in the Loop (April 16-18)
- Salsa at Sunset (April 17)
- Porter-Leath’s Rajun Cajun Crawfish Festival To Go (April 17)
- IKEA + Junior League of Memphis Donation Event (April 17)
- Joe Hott at Bartlett Performing Arts (April 17)
- Gentle Yoga at the Levitt Shell (April 17)
- Cardio Kickboxing at the Levitt Shell (April 17)
- South Memphis Glide Rides (April 17)
- Tales from Elmwood: A Cemetery Walking Tour (April 17)
- Victorians & Dinosaurs – A talk by Steve Masler, Manager of Exhibits at the Pink Palace (April 17)
- Taste of Bluff City (April 18)
- Twilight Yoga + Pilates at Levitt Shell (April 19)
- Zumba at the Levitt Shell (April 20)
- YPC Virtual Luncheon: Innovative Start-ups (April 21)
- HIIT and Hibachi at Shred415 & STIX Downtown (April 23)
- Family Night at The Grove featuring Mary Poppins at GPAC Dance Kids (April 23)
- Orion Presents Movie Nights at Overton Square- 12 Angry Men (April 23)
- Spring Cleaning Event at Miss Cordelia’s (April 23)
- What’s Your COVID-19 Story (April 24)
- PCA Spring Fling (April 24)
- Cars on Main 2021 (April 24)
- South Memphis Glide Rides (April 24)
- Tales from Elmwood: A Cemetery Walking Tour (April 24)Sound Healing & Meditation at the Levitt Shell (April 25)
- Twilight Yoga + Pilates at Levitt Shell (April 26)
- Zumba at the Levitt Shell (April 27)
- Orion Presents Movie Nights at Overton Square: Dirty Dancing (April 30)