Opera Memphis presents its fifth annual celebration event 30 Days of Opera. Throughout the month of September, Opera Memphis will put on pop up shows and performances across the city of Memphis.
Each event is free and open to the public. Depending on the occasion, audiences may catch a full performance or just a few songs. This year, the program concludes with an exciting performance of the new play Figaro Season 1: The Barber of Seville.
“This year, the program’s fifth anniversary, will feature a new, one-of-a-kind production, Figaro Season 1: The Barber of Seville. Audiences will have the chance to see a full opera, either as short 15-minute episodes or by “binge-watching” the whole thing near the end of the month.” – Tierney Bamrick, Opera Memphis Marketing Manager
There will also be opportunities throughout the month to see the children’s play The Playground King, at Shelby Farms or Overton Park.
- Cooper Young & Jay Etkin Gallery: (Performing at Jay Etkin Gallery) 7 p.m., and then wandering performances
- Overton Park Rainbow Lake Playground (OPERA FOR KIDS: THE Playground King): 12:30 – 4 p.m.
- Shelby Farms Woodland Discovery Playground (OPERA FOR KIDS: THE Playground King): 9:30 a.m. – noon
- Dixon Gallery (Munch & Learn: Sex, Violence, and Silly Hats): noon
- Brooks Museum (Film:Un Ballo In Maschera): 6:30 p.m., with singing to follow
- Overton Square (V.R.O.O.M.): 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Central Gardens Home Tour: 2 p.m.
- Overton Bark Park (Opera for Animals): 6 – 7 p.m.
- Memphis Theological Seminary (on the porch): 4:15 p.m.
- Hilton Memphis (Lobby): 5 p.m.
- Art for Jobs (Advance Memphis Warehouse): 5:45 p.m.
- Masterclass with Mignon Dunn (Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music): 7:30 p.m.
- Dixon Gallery (Food Truck Friday): noon
- Cooper Young Festival: wandering performances all day
- Wolfchase Galleria: 1:30 p.m.
- Opening Night at the Scheidt (University of Memphis): 7:30 p.m.
- Carpenter Art Garden: 3:30 p.m.
- WKNO Live Lunch: noon
- Sherwood Elementary School: 5 p.m.
- Shelby Farms Heart of the Park (AutoZone Front Porch): 6 p.m.
- Binge Watch at Broad Avenue Water Tower Pavilion (Figaro Season 1: The Barber of Seville): 6:30 p.m.
- Repair Days (National Ornamental Metal Museum): 2 & 2:40 p.m.
- Death By Aria (Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music): 2 p.m.
- Binge Watch at Loflin Yard (Figaro Season 1: The Barber of Seville): 8 p.m.
- Levitt Shell: 6:30 p.m.