Memphis music is legendary and has made a significant impact on musicians all over the world. As we honor the sacred history of our musical culture, we also want to share what’s happening in the Memphis music scene right now. Check out these local musicians, buy their albums, and support local.
- Thurday, May 18th – Idle & Wild @ Lafayette’s – 6:00pm-7:30pm
The folk duo Idle & Wild blends old school country heartbreak with the newfound optimism of the modern Memphis sound. They bring a a powerful collection of tracks that range from joyfully poppy to intensely vulnerable. Come give them a listen this Thursday at Lafayette’s!
- Thursday, May 18th – Jeremy Stanfill & Co. @ Celtic Crossing – 8:00pm-11:00pm
From Star & Micey, Jeremy Stanfill has been writing and playing his own music at Celtic this Thursday! Check out is album “Somewhere Between You & Me” or better yet, come here him play it live, show starts at 8pm!
- Thursday, May 18th – Left Unsung @ Growlers – 8:00pm-11:00pm
Left Unsung will play a Memphis style tribute to the Grateful Dead this Thursday! Come listen to your favorites, show starts at 8pm!
- Thursday, May 18th – China Gate @ Hi Tone – 8:00pm
China Gate is celebrating their new EP release “Good Grief” with some of their friends featured as well! Boyscott, Elf Rage, Melinda, and Blaketheman1000 will all be playing for a night full of your favorite Memphis sounds!
- Friday, May 19th – Fourth Bluff Friday @ Memphis Park – 4:00pm-10:00pm
Fourth Bluff Friday returns this week! Join The Fourth Bluff Project, The TapeBox, and DJ Redeye (6-8 pm) and DJ Waht (8-10 pm) for a party in Memphis Park. Stick Em Food Truck, Amurica Photo Booth, Memphicity Design’s pop-up tshirt shop, and attendees of the TN Bike Summit will be here, and RiverPlay will be fully activated! Come drink, eat, play and chill at Fourth Bluff Friday!
- Friday, May 19th – Blues & Barbeque @ South Main Sounds – 7:00pm-9:00pm
In honor of Memphis in May’s BBQ fest, South Main Sounds presents a night of BBQ and Blues featuring local artists: Massimo Bevilacqua, David Evans, Pete Wood, Tracey Cayolle, and Frankie Hollie!
- Friday, May 19th – Voices ft. Kina del Mar @ Memphis Black Arts Alliance – 7:00pm-9:00pm
The talented singer-songwriter, Kina del Mar will be featured at Voices, an open mic night that showcases singers, musicians, poets, dancers and more! All are welcome, show starts at 7pm with a $5 cover!
- Friday, May 19th – Rising Battle of the Bands @ Hard Rock Cafe – 8:00pm
For Hard Rock’s International competition, the top three acts and one wildcard “winner” from the Memphis market will perform as part of the Hard Rock Rising Battle of the Bands local competition on Friday! One of them could be narrowed down to 1 of 4 regional finalists in the competition, come support your local musicians and help make it happen!
- Friday, May 19th – Sleepwlkrs w/ Jadewick & Good Bueno @ 831 South Cooper – 8:00pm-11:45pm
Sleepwlkrs are celebrating the release of their new EP “Halfway Here” and will be the first opportunity to buy new merch and the EP itself! Good Bueno and Jadewick will also be playing so don’t miss out! Doors open at 8pm, show starts at 9pm, $5 at the door.
- Friday, May 19th – Racquets / Rock Eupora / Brother Moses @ Hi Tone – 8:00pm
Local artist Racquets will bring their Memphis rock to the Hi Tone along with bands, Rock Eupora and Brother Moses! Get your tickets here, $8.
- Friday, May 19th – PXLS @ Rec Room – 9:00pm
PXLS returns to Rec Room to play all your favorite videogame soundtracks! Come jam out, buy a drink and save a princess!
- Friday, May 19th – Mobius Pieces @ Newby’s – 9:00pm
Come out and have some fun at Newby’s Friday May 19th! Good food, drink specials and great music from the R&B soul band, Mobius Pieces! $5 Cover.
- Friday, May 19th – John Nemeth @ Loflin Yard – 9:00pm
Come to Loflin Yard this Friday and help celebrate John Nemeth and his band’s new album release! His soulful blues will start at 9pm, so don’t be late!
- Friday, May 19th – The Subtractions @ BAR DKDC – 10:00pm
Subtractions is a fun and upbeat rock and roll band; they will be playing multiple sets of 60s & 70s oriented rock/pop/R&B music!
- Friday, May 19th – Will Tucker @ The Bluff – 10:00pm
Come listen to Will Tucker this Friday at the Bluff! A little bit of blues, rock, and soul will make for one fun night! Show starts at 10pm!
- Saturday, May 20th – Me & Leah @ Ghost River Brewing – 5:00pm-8:00pm
Me and Leah are a midtown, Memphis duet comprised of two friends who talked about playing together for years and then one day actually started playing together. Listen their sweet and relaxing tunes that will make you enjoy your beer even more!
- Saturday, May 20th – Million Dollar Evening @ Playhouse on the Square – 6:30-10:00pm
A Step Ahead Foundation invites you to share a Million Dollar Evening at Playhouse on the Square. The event includes a pre-show shindig and a performance of the Tony Award-nominated musical Million Dollar Quartet. Tickets are $45 and VIP is $100, get yours here!
- Saturday, May 20th – Megan Carolan @ South Main Street – 7:00pm-8:00pm
Megan Carolan entered into the #BuskingInMemphis competition and got a spot in the competition! Come check her out on the streets of South Main as you enjoy your Saturday night!
- Saturday, May 20th – Zigadoo Moneyclips @ High Cotton Brewing – 7:00pm
Zigadoo Moneyclips will be celebrating the release of their new music video for “Sweet” along with some live tunes at High Cotton this Saturday! Memphis beer and Memphis music, what more could you ask for?
- Saturday, May 20th – Gracie Curran @ Loflin Yard – 9:00pm
“Jaw Dropping Blues & Soul” of Gracie Curran will play at Loflin Yard Memphis for a Live Show for all to enjoy!!
- Saturday, May 20th – Loveland Duren @ Newby’s – 9:30pm
Memphis’s well-blended singer-songwriter duo, Vicki Loveland and Van Duren will share their perfect blend of Memphis at Newby’s this Saturday! Show starts at 9:30, $5 cover.
- Saturday, May 20th – The Hi-Techs @ The Bluff – 10:00pm
The Hi-Techs will be at the Bluff this Saturday, featuring DJ Lott and Drummer Josh McDowell! Come out for the party!
- Sunday, May 21st – Sunday Evening Slowdown @ Ghost River Brewing – 5:00pm-7:30pm
Songwriter Sessions has transformed into Sunday Evening Slowdown. A night of relaxation, preparation for the work week, local talent, and craft brews. Host Crockett Hall will bring in a different artist every Sunday night; this week’s artist is Lisa Michaels!
- Sunday, May 21st – Crisis901/Sleepy J Barksdale/TRILLogy @ Artistik Lounge – 7:00pm-11:00pm
Artistik Lounge presents a show like this every 3rd Sunday, this will be a one of a kind performance you won’t want to miss! Doors open at 7pm, admission is $10.
- Sunday, May 21st – Harlan T. Bobo & a Cast of Characters @ BAR DKDC – 9:00pm
The singer-songwriter from Memphis will return from France with his rock and Memphis rooted sound this Sunday! Bobo has been all over Europe playing and recording, this will be a show you won’t want to miss!
Check out New Memphis Beat, a blog by local musician John Paul Keith that covers the Bluff City’s vibrant recording industry.
Where to see live music & performances:
- The Den
- Mollie Fontaine Lounge
- Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Center for Southern Folklore
- The Buckman Center
- The New Dizzy
- Loflin Yard
- New Daisy
- Itta Bena
- Minglewood Hall
- Lafayette’s Music Room
- Levitt Shell
- Overton Square
- Celtic Crossing
- Bar DKDC
- The Buccaneer
- BB King’s
- Rum Boogie Cafe
- Twilight Sky Terrace