Memphis music is legendary and has made a significant impact on musicians all over the world. As we honor the sacred history of our musical culture, we also want to share what’s happening in the Memphis music scene right now. Check out these local musicians, buy their albums, and support local.
- Tuesday, May 30th – Vine to Wine: Cork & Pork @ Memphis Botanic Garden – 6:00pm-8:00pm
Enjoy eats by Central BBQ, Frost, and The Mighty Olive while you listen to the twang of local artist Nancy Apple at the Vine to Wine dinner on Tuesday! Tickets are $30 for members and $45 for non-members, get yours here!
- Tuesday, May 30th – Reggae Pint Nite @ Growlers – 9:00pm
Reggae Pint Nite is happening twice a month at Growlers! This week they have Kristafar Robbin with special guests. Come enjoy the reggae tunes along with $3 pints and $3 taco plates.
- Wednesday, May 31st – Sean Murphy’s 1Breath Quartet @ BAR DKDC – 7:30pm-10:30pm
Sean Murphy’s 1Breath Quartet will return to DKDC to explore their funky jazz style more with their fellow Memphians. Show starts at 7:30 this Wednesday!
- Wednesday, May 31st – Brandon Taylor & Radio Ghost @ Lafayette’s – 8:00pm-10:00pm
A Memphis native, Brandon Taylor has an acoustic sound inspired by the 60’s folk revival. A born rambler, Taylor has explored America with his acoustic brand of melody making– his travels provided inspiration for his 2016 Madjack Records release, Radio Ghost. Come check out his music this Wednesday!
- Thursday, June 1st – Jeremy Stanfill & Joshua Cosby @ Lafayette’s – 7:00pm-8:30pm
Jeremy Stanfill & Josh Cosby are veterans on the Memphis music scene. When not out touring as part of their band, STAR & MICEY, you can hear them at Lafayette’s Music Room sharing their duo blend of Rock N Roll/Country Soul!
- Thursday, June 1st-Sunday, June 4th – Memphis Punk Fest 5
Featuring many forms of punk, ska, hardcore, metal, and reggae and showcasing local art and craftsmanship. Memphis Punk Fest has and still is to this day built by unity and working together as a community to remind us as a city and to the rest of the world that Memphis is full of amazing talent and we can do anything when we work together. Check out the event page for the lineup each day and where they are playing! Visit the website here. Tickets are $55 for a 3-day pass and $60 for a 4-day pass, you can purchase yours here!
- Friday, June 2nd – Ryan Peel @ Lafayette’s – 6:30pm-9:30pm
Memphis native Ryan Peel is a drummer/singer/songwriter who blends pop, soul and R&B into a style all his own. He’s dedicated to the groove. Come check out his style this Friday!
- Friday, June 2nd – Friday Night Flava @ Newby’s – 7:00pm
Artists featuring Haley Daniels, Jalen Griggs, Lauren Moscato, and She’Chinah Hampton will perform along with special guests Krucial and Priceless Crew! $5 cover at the door!
- Friday, June 2nd – Blueshift Ensemble @ Memphis Scottish Rite Temple – 8:00pm-10:00pm
Blueshift Ensemble is presenting its fifth large scale performance at the historic Memphis Scottish Rite Temple. Blueshift will collaborate with experimental sound artist Dave Shouse and perform other chamber works by Frederic Rzewski, Steve Reich, Sarah Kirkland Snider, David T. Little, Thea Musgrave, and a world premier of Memphis composer David Shotsberger’s piece for electric guitar and string quartet. The program features a combination of electronic and acoustic sounds, as well as sound/light modification by Dave Shouse. Tickets are $10; Students $5 at the door with a student ID! Get yours in advance here!
- Friday, June 2nd – The Rusty Pieces @ Blind Bear Speakeasy – 10:00pm
The Rusty Pieces bring their well crafted original soulful stomp, shake, strum, and bang sound to Blind Bear Speakeasy: Featuring tunes from their upcoming debut album “Broken Parts” currently in production at Royal Studios!
- Friday, June 2nd – Chris Milam @ Loflin Yard – 10:00pm
Chris Milam is playing a full band show at Loflin Yard on June 2. This show kicks off his Kids These Days album tour – he’ll be playing cities up the east coast for most of June. There will be no cover, so come enjoy as he starts his tour!
- Friday, June 2nd – House After Dark @ Mollie Fontaine – 11:00pm
Live music in the piano lounge from 8 pm – 11 pm with Deb Swiney and Ed Finney. Doors open at 5pm! $5 cover, must be 21+!
- Saturday, June 3rd – Bobby “Blue” Bland @ Long Road Cider Co. – 1:00pm-5:00pm
Come celebrate the life and work of Barretville native Bobby “Blue” Bland this Saturday, June 3, International Cider Day!!! Enjoy live music, food trucks, and hard cider with Bobby’s family right where he got his start.
- Saturday, June 3rd – Believe Me: A Benefit Concert for Alyssa Moore @ Memphis Made Brewing – 1:00pm-10:00pm
This is a giant collective effort by the Memphis music community and Memphis Made Brewery, to both raise awareness of domestic violence and funds for Alyssa Moore’s Recovery Fund. The official lineup includes: Linda Heck, Mystic Light Casino, The Rough Hearts, The Margins, Static Bombs, Los Psychosis, Crockett Hall, and Incredible Hook. The show starts at 2pm and is Free with a suggested $5 donation!
- Saturday, June 3rd – Memphis Ukulele Band @ Lafayette’s – 3:00pm-6:00pm
Summer is here! You know what that means? Perfect time for ukulele music!! Join the Memphis Ukulele Band at Lafayette’s on Saturday, June 3rd for smooth ukulele music, great food, and cold drinks. Relax and let the sweet sounds of ukulele take you to a tropical island.
- Saturday, June 3rd – The Pistol & The Queen @ Ghost River Brewing – 6:00pm-9:00pm
Memphis based guitar duo will be playing original songs & a few favorite covers live at the taproom. No cover. Family-friendly. Show starts at 6pm!
- Saturday, June 3rd – Brennan Villines @ Lafayette’s – 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday, June 3rd – Tonya Dyson & Geno Young @ The Den – 7:00pm-9:30pm
Singer/songwriters, Tonya Dyson & Geno Young will be paying tribute to Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway’s beautiful album along with a mini orchestra in Memphis on Saturday! Tickets start at $25!
- Saturday, June 3rd – Shannon McNally @ Levitt Shell – 7:30pm-9:00pm
Shannon McNally will be taking the stage again as part of the 2017 Orion FCU Free Music Concert Series at Levitt Shell. FREE music, great times, family friendly, food trucks, concessions, outdoors, and more!
- Saturday, June 3rd – Third Stone @ Newby’s – 9:00pm
The rock and roll cover band, Third Stone, will perform this Saturday at Newby’s! Cover is $5.
- Saturday, June 3rd – Marcella & Her Lovers @ BAR DKDC – 10:30pm
Marcella & Her Lovers are a soul, blues and folk group with a sweet sound that will make you feel like you’re in the heart of Louisiana. Returning to BAR DKDC, come listen to the tunes of Marcella & Her Lovers this Saturday!
- Sunday, June 4th – Sunday Evening Slowdown @ Ghost River Brewing – 5:00pm-7:30pm
Songwriter Sessions has transformed into Sunday Evening Slowdown. A night of relaxation, preparation for the work week, local talent, and craft brews. Host Crockett Hall will bring in a different artist every Sunday night; this week’s artist is Dan Montgomery.
Check out New Memphis Beat, a blog by local musician John Paul Keith that covers the Bluff City’s vibrant recording industry.
Where to see live music & performances:
- The Den
- Mollie Fontaine Lounge
- Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Center for Southern Folklore
- The Buckman Center
- The New Dizzy
- Loflin Yard
- New Daisy
- Itta Bena
- Minglewood Hall
- Lafayette’s Music Room
- Levitt Shell
- Overton Square
- Celtic Crossing
- Bar DKDC
- The Buccaneer
- BB King’s
- Rum Boogie Cafe
- Twilight Sky Terrace