On Location Memphis (OLM), a local organization founded to bring filmmakers (and musicians) together, brings you their 15th International Film and Music Fest. If you haven’t ever heard of festival, here’s what the folks at OLM have to say,
The International Film Festival is a four-day event presented each year. From the beginning, the festival has featured a rich variety of regional, American, and internal films. Filmmaker submissions have increased each year, and the quality and prominence of films screened has risen dramatically over the festival’s history. – Read more on the history of OLM here.
The festival takes place over multiple and a variety of locations. All of screenings are held at Malco Studio on the Square except for opening night. Opening night will take place at Malco Paradiso in East Memphis. Enjoy music performances at different local establishments based on their genre. If you’re a local filmmaker, musician, or simply a lover of film and music, you will want to come out!
When: April 24–27
- Full Festival Pass (includes music showcases), $65
- One-Day Pass (music not included), $20
- Screenings (including opening night), $10
- Tickets will become available online soon. All tickets to individual screenings can be purchased at the box office.
- Opening Night: Malco Paradiso (584 South Mendenhall. Memphis, 38177)
- Malco Studio on the Square (2105 Court Avenue. Memphis, 38104)
- Blue Monkey: April 25 + 26 – Rock/Pop
- Otherlands: April 25 + 26 – Folk, Indie, Americana, Country, Singer/Songwriter
- Le Chardonnay: April 25 + 26 – R&B, Jazz, Neo-Soul
- Java Cabana: April 25 + 26 – Singer/Songwriter
- Newby’s: April 25 – Rap/Hip Hop; April 26 – Rock
- 1884 Lounge: April 26 – Rap/Hip Hop
For the latest updates be sure and connect with On Location Memphis: